Thursday, November 11, 2010

Who is Ceci and Why Is She Here?

Starting on November 22, 2010, my new blog called Ceci After Sixty will begin. In my mind, I had created an Avatar called Ceci. She was me at twenty-eight years old....skinny, sexual and not too bright about men. It was 1977 and there were still places to dance the night away. Ceci was living in Philadelphia and had just left a bad marriage. I don't know how far I will be willing to go with it, but let's find out. We talk about Feminism. We talk about the enormous respect we have for women, but the differences between men and women as they age are huge. Do we cut and paste and dye and tumble everything to actually look younger or do we look like an old lady who cut, pasted and dyed? It's not men's fault that nearly every man of any age has a value. We do that. Women do that to men. I want to get beyond that and the only way to do that is to accept being utterly, completely alone. Once done, where do we go from there? How do we grow? How do we experience? Is the ability to buy infinite young wives good or bad for men? And ladies, men really don't care if they are buying, because, as one told me: "That's why you earn the money." This one, Ladies, will need participation from all of you and don't give me New Age, Bright eyed Smoke and Mirrors. I want every lonely moment and singular triumph. We in this together. Alone together. Make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment