Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Biopsy and a Sonogram in One Week is Enough

Despite this nasty little bout of Multiple Sclerosis, I've stayed fairly healthy, lost the weight enough to bring down the blood pressure, but not enough to be the mistaken for my former self. I'm wondering if they'll let me hold off on the thyroid pills till that twenty is gone? And something appeared on my gum that had to be excised and sent to the lab. Enough! How the Hell long am I supposed to live anyway? Do I want to be one of those retired people with nothing to do but drive from dentist to doctor, trying to eke out another week? Yes, if it is your Beloved, go for it, fight for it...I'm talking about me, who's looking at a wheelchair. I'm only 61, but already on a cane, which ages me ten years. I have to wear a jaunty hat and stride like a man to keep from looking like I need a Boy Scout. Managed to have two days of play readings. Discovered that a battery powered device can't replace everything about a man. Not the touch of his hand or the feel of his shoulder and all in all, that was a nice thing to remember. Nothing happened. We are friends and I thanked God for a moment of grace and gallantly stepped aside again for the Army of younger gals whom he prays are awaiting him. Started my first novel and found it goes well. Here comes winter in both senses of the term and am I ready? Can I shout loud enough and make enough pretty colors in the sky so I'm not shoved aside. We shall See.

No comments:

Post a Comment