Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Haven't Opened the New York Times in Two Months

I don't know exactly what is going on with my brain, but I no longer care about the news. I no longer know what news is as it has been so warped. Even the television seems to have no relevance. It's obvious from the elections that the electorate is not interested in facts and did the people who voted for Obama think that they were only allowed the one vote? Where did they go? I get the impression that everyone is sitting around waiting for a miracle. The lottery or a rich spouse. OK, I'm on Social Security and I pay a lot, but I have medical care. My apartment is warm and the only flaw is the woman upstairs is going insane and walks back and forth 14 hours a day which will eventually make me insane, but it's relatively cheap for NY area. I have too much food and am attempting to lose weight. At this rate of expenditure, my money will...probably not run out enough to force me on to Medicare. I have decided to ignore the Multiple Sclerosis and pretend I can walk. But is that all there is? I have a novel and now 4 plays in the works. (What I learned from my mother contest. Great! Let's see how inspiring negative lessons can be.) But have we given up on Social Progress? Have we given up on truth? Are the bigots and know-nothings winners. Come on, Leaders! I need someone to follow since Obama lost the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment