Thursday, January 27, 2011

The End (Temporarily) of My Blogging Days

ReinhardRites was a pretty good idea and will probably become a one-Crone play. But this writing purely to give my insight and opinion is strictly self-indulgence and a plea for attention. I have to put all of that into my regular writing. With the endless blizzards, I'm sitting around here thinking at a time when Social Media, at least for the post-40 set, seems to be dying. What did we expect? Yes, I've made some great friendships. At least one of which rocked me to the core of my Life and my Art, but is, as these sort of things go, unsustainable for regular human beings who have to clean the apartment and get the tires rotated. No metaphors there, I only mean the car. I think that Amour Americaine is my masterpiece, but there are piles of plays and little space for performing one that takes 20 characters, 5 sets and other 10 drafts of development. Once you realize what you can and cannot do on Facebook, it becomes a bit of a drag and I don't have Twitter to flip a dozen downloads in every day and I don't have a dozen interesting events in a day. Anyway, Ceci is over Sixty...she's Sixty-one. Had a lot more gas than I thought she did, but not enough. Think of me as a 28 year old sex bomb walking slowly off into the night in my short, spangled dress, wearing a black wig and fishnet stockings and four inch heels. If I come back, it'll be pure Reinhard and it'll have a damned point to make and some interesting blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment